YOUR YOURNEY TO HEALTH AND WELLNESS STARTS HERE AT CAPTAIN STIRLING PHARMACY
- A referral form from a General Practitioner (GP) for bulk billing. Referral form link (Referral form)
- MBS Item numbers specific to the type of referral e.g. General Practice Management Plan and Team Care Arrangements.
- The specific MBS item number for diabetes education is 10951.
- People with diabetes can claim rebates for five (5) consultations with allied health care professional per year as part of Medicare’s Chronic Disease Management (CDM) framework.
- The GP has to specify the number of consultations.
WHAT OUR CAPTAIN STIRLING DIABETES CLINIC CAN OFFER
- Track and monitor patients’ care and progress and provide you with status reports Help delay the onset of diabetes with prevention and self-management training for patients who are at high risk
- Education on type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes.
- Blood sugar monitoring, testing and continued glucose monitoring interpreting and understanding results.
- Insulin and Insulin Equipment (Syringes, Pens and Insulin Pumps) CGM
- Oral and Injected Diabetes medications education effect on diabetes, changing Insulin Doses (with medical consent).
- Reducing blood glucose levels (Hyperglycaemia).
- Dealing with low blood glucose levels (Hypoglycaemia). Reducing risks of diabetes complications.
- Managing sick days and Emergencies properly
- Dealing with diabetes burnout and/or emotional issues
- Pregnancy planning and management, understand diabetes (with medical consent). Understand the effects of exercise on your diabetes.
- Meal planning/food choices.
- Other areas including covid and diabetes, vitamins, driving, safety, travel planning, weight concerns.
MEET OUR PHARMACIST AND CREDENTIALLED DIABETES EDUCATOR – ROSE (SMEEM JABER)
Rose is a Registered Pharmacist and Credentialed Diabetes Educator. She is passionate about empowering any person living with diabetes to better manage their health, to minimise complications and achieve an optimal health status with the most up to date technology, she works within our team liaising closely with doctors in our community supporting specialists and GP medical centers to get the support you need. She provides a comprehensive diabetes education, medication review and support service, designed to empower you to take control, she works with you to develop a tailored education management plan that fits your lifestyle, beliefs, and culture and make informed choices about your health.
Call to book your consultation
Personalised, one on one professional service DOCTOR REFERRAL REQUIRED for bulk billing Private consult also available.
Please plan 20 minutes appointment for your consultation. Contact us for further details